From the frigid and frightening streets of Toronto, a new colour anthology of Canadian horror featuring over 15 terrifying stories! Hogtown Comics is a new team, featuring the very best comic creators the Toronto scene has to offer. Our first effort, Hogtown Horror, is a collection of horror stories intended for mature audiences— it’s our love-letter to the genre, a celebration of horror’s past, present and future.
Here is just a taste of what to expect:
Shhh! Quiet! The children are sleeping. Don’t wake the children. Don’t wake the children. Please, please, whatever you do, DON’T WAKE THE CHILDREN.
Brotherly love- it’s supposed to unite us. But sometimes, grudges can last a lifetime. A lifetime, and a bit beyond…
In the 19th Century, criminals stalked graveyards by night, robbing corpses of the recently deceased for medical study. In this macabre black market, two young medical students sneak into a cemetery, intent to make quick cash off a fresh corpse…
For one lonely mother, Chinese New Year is a time to reflect on her own isolation, ignored by her self-centered and distant son. With a special mooncake recipe, will this year be any different?
Every October, art snobs mingle with the drunk and disorderly in the moonlit streets of Toronto, experiencing contemporary art projects than span the length of the city. But this Nuit Blanche, one artist isn’t willing to play by the rules…
Flayed skin. Exposed muscle. Polished tendons. A couple experiences an unusual science exhibit as they try to preserve their relationship.
Have you ever seen a shadows out of the corner of your eye, but when you turn to look no one is there? Do you remember the first time you saw one? Veda does… and it remembers her.
- “Midnight Show” by Miike, Greg Menzie & Valerie St. Gelais
- “Descent” by Alex Correa & Simon Phommaneth
- “Dwayne’s Inferno” by Sam Noir & Chris Yao
- “Back on Your Feet” by Daniel Reynolds & Sean Patrick McCarron
- “Peaches” by M. Blankier & Allyssa Clemente
- “Cronenberg” by Miike & Chris Yao
- “Watch Over Me” by Rob Shapiro & Shawn Phelps
- “Cabbagepatch” by Shawn Daley
- “Home Sweet Home” by Shane Kirshenblatt, Andrew Kwan & Tim Lai
- “The Revenge of Ivan Reznikoff” by Peter Hawrysh & Nathan Younger